Mock build problem

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jun 15 11:07:43 UTC 2006

cranium2003 wrote:
> hi,
> --- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>
>> cranium2003 wrote:
>>> hi,

>> repository
>> my

>> kdenetwork-3.5.3-2.src.rpm
>> /usr/sbin/mock-helper

>> you'll
>>>>
>>>   Do i need extras repo also to use mock?? I did
>> what
>>> u said from fedora-mirror.py. That script
>> downloaded
>>> all core repo successfully but said no repo found
>> for
>>> extras so unable to download as i gave to download
>>> only core in mirror script.
>> fedora-mirror needs an appropriate repo file for
>> each repo you intend to
>> mirror. So you need to create one for Extras just
>> like you did for Core.
>>
>> e.g.
>> # cat mirror-extras-development.repo
>> [mirror-extras-development]
>> name=Fedora Extras - Development Tree
>>
> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/$basearch/
> mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-extras-devel
>> enabled=0
>>
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras
>> gpgcheck=1
>>
>> [mirror-extras-development-debuginfo]
>> name=Fedora Extras - Development - Debug
>>
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/$basearch/debug/
>> enabled=0
>>
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras
>> gpgcheck=1
>>
>> [mirror-extras-development-source]
>> name=Fedora Extras - Development - Source
>>
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/SRPMS/
>> enabled=0
>>
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras
>> gpgcheck=1
>>
>> (that's for development, you'd need a different one
>> for FC5)
>  sorry i didnt get this??
>   Ok so i need to download usinf above repo conf file
> extras RPMs.
>   once i have core as well as extras repo i can do
> mock build locally on my system right??

You can use mock build already if you have a working Internet connection.

If you don't, you need a local mirror of *all* repos you are using. The
default fedora-5-i386-core mock config has the following repos:

[core]
[groups]
[extras]
[local]

So you'll need a local groups repo too. It's small, and easy to make one
yourself - see
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-May/msg00904.html

You can probably get by without the [local] repo - just comment it out
of the config file, or add "enabled=0" to it.

Paul.