Who maintains python-numeric

Rick Muller rmuller at sandia.gov
Fri Jun 16 17:13:17 UTC 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 4:28 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:

>>> Yes, python-numeric has been superceded by numpy, but python-numeric
>>> is still used as a dependency in many fedora packages, and thus it
>>> would be good to have a version where the eigensolver doesn't hang.
>
> Do you have a list of these packages?

Here's a list of the dependencies when I try to remove python-
numeric. People more adept at the intricacies of yum may be able to
generate a more complete list:

authconfig-gtk
firstboot
gedit
gnome-python2-canvas
hwbrowser
pirut
pygtk2
pygtk2-devel
pygtk2-libglade
rhn-applet
system-config-date
system-config-display
system-config-httpd
system-config-language
system-config-lvm
system-config-network
system-config-nfs
system-config-printer-gui
system-config-rootpassword
system-config-samba
system-config-securitylevel
system-config-services
system-config-soundcard
system-config-users
up2date-gnome

>>> But maybe I'm the only person who cares about it, and, since I
>>> already have an easy workaround, it isn't that important.
>
> If there are bits offcially shipped that hang then it needs to be
> fixed. But I'd rather see python-numeric be removed altogether and the
> dependent packages be rebased on numpy.

Okay. It sounds like you're pretty much on top of this. Let me know
if I can help.