why do we still ship (gtk1) xmms, when we have bmp

Hi all,

I just found about about this xmms fork which is actually still alive
unlike xmms and uses gtk2 called bmp, and its already in extras, then
why do we still ship xmms?

I tried bmp and its just like xmms only gtk2 and maintained!

Well actually it was maintained, now the bmp people are working on bmpx,
but there is a bmp fork called Audacious, which picked up when the bmp
people stopped maintaining bmp and started working on bmpx. (Notice I
didn't test Audacious.

So there is a maintained and gtk2 using xmms out there, why do we thrn
still ship xmms itself?

Regards,

Hans