Re: why do we still ship (gtk1) xmms, when we have bmp

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 23:46 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> So there is a maintained and gtk2 using xmms out there, why do we thrn
> still ship xmms itself?

AFAIK a lot of plugins are available only for xmms, other media players
can use libxmms and the plugins, gtk1 dependency chain is a lot smaller
than gtk2 which may matter eg. in "pure" KDE setups, it works, has a
package maintainer and is not quite dead upstream either based on CVS
commits.