Time to make Extras multi-lib?

Not sure exactly what needs to be done, but I'm currently looking at a
package (libhugetlbfs) that builds both 64-bit and 32-bit binaries and
libraries on 64-bit systems. I think the ideal way to handle this is to
build only 64-bit on 64-bit, 32-bit on 32-bit, but make the 32-bit
packages available in the 64-bit tree as well. At the moment, this isn't
possible, so the 64-bit packages would have to contain the 32-bit parts
and some ugly #ifarch junk to build across both 32-bit and 64-bit. I'm
thinking its time to make Extras multi-lib. Thoughts? Concerns?

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com