Testers with radeon 9600 or 9800 wanted for new 3D package

dragoran dragoran at feuerpokemon.de
Tue Jun 27 18:10:41 UTC 2006

Hans de Goede wrote:
> dragoran wrote:
>
>> 1) after the first start it does not work; (rendering errors and does
>> not quit; needs to be killed)
>>
> Hmm strange

I still don't know whats going on here after rm -rf ~/.chess setting the
config again the first start is broken (black figures looks ugly and
there is no menu and no way to quiet the app)
>> 2)enabling FSAA give me this error on startup:
>> GLRenderSystem::createRenderWindow "OGRE Render Window", 1280x1024
>> fullscreen  miscParams: FSAA=6 title=OGRE Render Window
>> Could not make screen: Couldn't find matching GLX visual
>>
> Yes it would be nice if it would try again without FSAA if it can't get
> it to work.

without it works and enabling it using the nvidia controll panel works
fine too (and it looks much better with AA ;) )
>> 800x600 window (no FS/ no FSAA) =
>> Render Target 'OGRE Render Window' Average FPS: 137.35 Best FPS: 150.943
>> Worst FPS: 123.26
>>
> Well thats better then my puny 2 fps :) Atleast it really is a 3D card /
> driver problem and not a packaging bug, good.
>
> Thanks for testing,

np, if you need more feedback/testing just tell me