AWOL owners and stale packages.

Michael J. Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Wed Jun 28 01:43:53 UTC 2006

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Michael> Hi all...  I have finally drafted this guide/policy. Thanks
> Michael> to those that chipped in.
>
> Michael> Kevin, I mostly used your email, just reworded and what not.
>
> I just reworded other emails. ;)
>
> Michael> Fell free to pick holes:
>
> Michael> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MikeKnox/AWOL_Policy
>
> It might be good to to not use "AWOL/MIA". There are probibly lots of
> people who don't know what that means.
>
> How about "Unavailable to continue maintainership" or something like
> that?
>
> In addition to changing the owners.list file, new maintainers should
> reassign all open bugs to themselves.

OK, made it read like:

unavailable to continue maintainership, often refered to as AWOL (absent
without leave) or MIA (missing in action)

AWOL/MIA are terms often used, so explaining them here like that might
help remove any potential confussion.

I also added the comment regarding open bug reports.

Thanks!

Michael