Re: AWOL owners and stale packages.

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
"Michael" == Michael J Knox <michael knox net nz> writes:

Michael> Hi all...  I have finally drafted this guide/policy. Thanks
Michael> to those that chipped in.

Michael> Kevin, I mostly used your email, just reworded and what not.

I just reworded other emails. ;)
Michael> Fell free to pick holes:

Michael> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MikeKnox/AWOL_Policy

It might be good to to not use "AWOL/MIA". There are probibly lots of
people who don't know what that means.
How about "Unavailable to continue maintainership" or something like
that?

In addition to changing the owners.list file, new maintainers should
reassign all open bugs to themselves.

OK, made it read like:

unavailable to continue maintainership, often refered to as AWOL (absent without leave) or MIA (missing in action)

AWOL/MIA are terms often used, so explaining them here like that might help remove any potential confussion.

I also added the comment regarding open bug reports.

Thanks!

Michael