Importing Openbox with common/cvs-import.sh: No rule to make target 'upload'

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Wed Jun 28 05:07:27 UTC 2006

Hello, list.

I'm attempting to import my Openbox stuff into Extras CVS using
cvs-import.sh as mentioned in UsingCvs on the wiki[1], but every time I
attempt this, it fails with the error mention in the subject. This is
the exact message I receive:

[peter at tuxhugger /home/peter/rpmbuild/cvs]$ ./common/cvs-import.sh \
	-m "Unorphaning Openbox; update to 3.3-rc2" \
	../SRPMS/openbox-3.3-0.7.rc2.src.rpm

Checking out the modules file...
Module 'openbox' already exists...
Checking out module: 'openbox'
Unpacking source package: openbox-3.3-0.7.rc2.src.rpm...
L openbox-3.3-rc2.tar.gz
A openbox.desktop
A openbox.spec
make: *** No rule to make target `upload'.  Stop.
ERROR: Uploading the source tarballs failed!

I've attempted to run 'make upload FILES=openbox-3.3-rc2.tar.bz2' with
the Makefile.common within the common/ directory, and that appears to
have succeeded.

Suggestions on how to further proceed would be much appreciated. Would
be safe, since the source is already uploaded, to simply comment-out
that section of the cvs-import.sh script and run it again?

Thanks.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UsingCvs
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479