Re: Broken upgrade paths in FC+FE 2006-06-28

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 21:14 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 09:10 -0400, buildsys fedoraproject org wrote:
> [lots of broken upgrade paths]
>
> Sadly, it seems that this whine mail hasn't helped noticeably to kick
> folks to fix up their packages' upgrade paths, especially between FC-5
> and devel.  I've filed bugs about a bunch of others cases, and most of
> them have been fixed, but more breakage is introduced all the time.
>
> So, I'm inclined to omit devel from this report for now, and re-enable
> it closer to the FC6 release, hoping that doing so would trigger people
> to fix their stuff at least in released distro branches so they're
> easier to notice and won't be lost in the noise of current FC5->devel
> brokenness.  Objections?

I'd keep sending everything. Sooner or later, people might start to
actually take notice and start fixing things. I've stripped the output
down to the upgrade paths that are broken in core, with the intention of
doing something about it rather soonish.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com