Clarification on Packaging Guidelines

I was previously unsure whether %pre/%post ldconfig lines on shared
library devel packages were needed.  In a recent discussion with some
others on #fedora-extras I was informed that they were not needed.
Maybe a blurb about this should be added to the Packaging Guidelines
in the scriptlet section on shared libraries.  What is the opinion of
others on this matter?

-Eric