Odd mock build problem

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Mar 1 04:19:50 UTC 2006

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> RD> It's the empty "Requires:" on line 21 causing the problem.
>
> Unfortunately it's not empty:
>
> Requires:       %{ruby_sitelib}
>
> or, more precisely, it's only showing up as empty because ruby isn't
> there.

It *is* empty during the first run to create the srpm.

Here's a trick I've been thinking about using to work around the same
problem when building maxima to make a dependancy against the version of
sbcl used to build it:

# maxima requires the *same* version it was built against
# this hack should work, even in mock (-: -- Rex
%global sbcl_ver %(sbcl --version 2>/dev/null | cut -d' ' -f2)
%if "%{?sbcl_ver}" >= "0.9"
%define sbcl_ver2 = %{sbcl_ver}
%endif
Requires: sbcl %{?sbcl_ver2}