Ruby specfile template issues

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Mar 1 22:52:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 23:12:21 +0100, Oliver Andrich wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:57:34PM -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 15:43 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> > > In which case we're boned; such a sig would probably include Oliver
> > > and I at this point, and I'm spread pretty thin.
> >
> > I'd be interested in joining such a sig; I wrote a very simple tool[1]
> > to ease verbatim packaging of gems and packaged a few ruby things[2].
> >
> > I've been meaning to submit them to FE, but I am waiting to get
> > sponsored for my first submission (bz 180571 if anybody wants to jump on
> > the review ;) before submitting more.
>
> Hi David,
>
> your email reminds me of an open reply. :) Well, I will return to this
> later. But may be we shall actually start a SIG. Anybody knows how to do
> that? You have such a nice domain part in your email address, sounds to
> me as you can find out easily about that. :)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Oliver

SIGs (special interest groups) at Fedora is a relatively new
and experimental concept.

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs

Among the goals is to gather competence (probably even authority) and
interest, to collect and propose specific packaging guidelines and
policies, to create something like work groups inside the Fedora Project
which are in charge of specific areas of interest.