success, was Re: Still source not found :Prep Error (Job 5672):

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Mar 3 17:11:35 UTC 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> After every modification and prior to every new build attempt you need
> to either re-tag your files in CVS or apply a new tag. Else the build
> system would check out the old(er) files, which are still tagged forever,
> and would not know that it should take the modified new(er) files instead,
> which are not tagged yet.

Can one "re-tag" with a current tag without creating a new (incremented) one?

> > Error: could not make srpm for l2tpd-0_69-0_3_20051030_fc5 - output was:
>
> Here you can verify what the build system checks out.
> l2tpd-0_69-0_3_20051030_fc5 is the tag on the files.
> %name-%version-%release with dots replaced with underscores:

> Examine the "sources" and ".cvsignore" files. Do you like what you
> see? Everything complete? Then "make srpm" works. Else you haven't
> tagged your files correctly.

The problem for me was 'make srpm' and 'make i386' worked, but 'make build'
did not. Increasing the release number and re-tagging helped.

Wuth the other package in limbo I did the same, but then had output files from
make srpm and make i386, which caused 'make tag' to again abort halfway
through, so I had rm those files locally, and again increaase the build number
and create a new tag. It suckes, but it worked now.

I think 'make tag' should do more sanity checks before it starts modifying things,
so that it doesnt fail midway the process, but fails at the start.

So both my packages that were in not being built have now successfully rebuild.

Thanks for the help guys,

Paul