non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Mar 7 23:41:02 UTC 2006

ville.skytta at iki.fi (Ville Skyttä) writes:

>> | %pre
>> | if test -x /usr/sbin/fedora-useradd; then
>> |    /usr/sbin/fedora-useradd ...
>> | else
>> |    /usr/sbin/useradd ...
>> | fi
>>
>> with current fedora-usermgmt.
>
> Yes?  That's the functionality I suggested, just expressed with a
> different shell syntax.  Combine something like the above and again,
> _no_ dependencies on fedora-usermgmt in packages and I'm satisfied.

Sorry, that's a point where I insist on: when a Fedora Extras package
uses fedora-usermgmt, then it MUST have the corresponding 'Requires(...):
fedora-usermgmt'.

Creating undeterministic behavior by randomly executing plain 'useradd'
or 'fedora-useradd' is not my idea of package management.

>> This explicit activation can happen in the %pre script of kickstart.
>
> Surely the whole usermgmt package or necessary bits of its payload could
> be installed there too.

I forgot (should know my packages better): doing this kind of customization
can and should be done in a package providing 'setup(fedora-usermgmt)'. You
just need to add such a package to the kickstart %package list and with
proper 'Requires(...): fedora-usermgmt' things should work.

Enrico