non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Mar 9 19:57:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 12:32 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> When I dictate somebody, then the packager. For the
> admin, fedora-usermgmt is completely transparent and he will not notice
> fedora-usermgmt's existence (except from the package list).

As said earlier in this thread, the "except" part is bad enough for some
of us.

Anyway, something clearly needs to happen.  Even if you continue to
disregard the concerns people have about various aspects of
fedora-usermgmt, the sheer amount of noise, confusion,
opinion-parroting, and frequently reappearing threads on the subject
here should seriously ring a bell.  It needs to stop.

FWIW, the only way I can personally see that happen is by you stopping
to insist on minor details and accepting some of the compromises
suggested by various folks, or by dropping the package from FE.