Newbie questions

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 21:38:26 UTC 2006

On 3/10/06, Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was wondering if the following were on the radar or roadmap
> for this group.  I looked on the website, but didn't see them:
>
> Firefox 1.5 for FC3/FC4 (not in Punjabi...)
> Sunbird 0.33 for FC3/FC4
>
> GDM 2.13.0.10 for FC3/FC4
>
> Also, a packaged vmware that just drops into place would be great.

I think you need to read up a little more in the wiki about the policy
outlines for Extras.
firefox and sunbird and gdm are all Core applications, Extras doesn't
provide updates to applications which are a part of Core.

As for vmware I am not sure of anyone who is attempting to repackage
the opensource code available for vmware applications into a working
community built binary for redistribution.... anywhere.

-jef