Can't upload new package

Radek Vokál radekvokal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 13:13:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 13:50 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:38:53 +0100, Radek Vokál wrote:
>
> > Whops, I can't build the package now ..
> >
> > Error: could not make srpm for nc6-1_0-3_fc5 - output was:
> >
> > Downloading nc6-1.0.tar.bz2...
> > --06:29:42--
> > http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/repo/extras/nc6/nc6-1.0.tar.bz2/5074bc51989420a1f68716f93322030f/nc6-1.0.tar.bz2
> >            => `nc6-1.0.tar.bz2'
> > Resolving cvs.fedora.redhat.com... 209.132.176.51
> > Connecting to cvs.fedora.redhat.com|209.132.176.51|:80... connected.
> > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> > 06:29:42 ERROR 404: Not Found.
> > FINISHED --06:29:42--
> > Downloaded: 0 bytes in 0 files
> > Could not download source file: nc6-1.0.tar.bz2 does not exist
> > make: *** [nc6-1.0.tar.bz2] Error 1
>
> During src.rpm import, did you get any fatal errors while the script was
> trying to upload the tarball? Is this the first time you tried to import a
> src.rpm? (I tested it with nc6-1.0.tar.bz2, and uploading worked from here,
> so a complete fresh checkout and "make srpm" succeeds now)

For this first time, the upload got broken. It should have happened when
my vpnc connection died. After you've fixed that, the upload went fine,
just I had to modify the Makfile.

> Can you try uploading a test-tarball like
>
>   make upload FILES=radek-test-20060313.tar.gz
>
> and see whether you are permitted to upload?

I already did some uploads, this is the first time I see it doing such
funky things.

> > It can be checked out from extras and build locally. Also I had to
> > change the Makefile, which for some strange reason had Name:=wine-docs
> > inside?!
>
> Yes, missed that while copying the Makefile. ;)

No problem, I've realized that :)

Ok, build succeeded. I guess it was caused by the initial problem with
uploading.

Thanks for helping me

Radek
--