Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras development - 2006-03-15

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 15 12:12:20 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 15.03.2006, 12:53 +0100 schrieb
Christian.Iseli at licr.org:
> pertusus at free.fr said:
> > I don't think it is worth it, especially since Christian script catch the
> > issue (well, if I'm not wrong).
> Yup, the script is designed to catch those...

Yeah, and it does the job well. But I have a small problem with it:
Nearly nobody fixes the things where the script detects that they need
fixing. Some things were fixed during the mass-rebuild (e.g. packages
without a maintainer listed in owners.list, packagers where the
maintainer left Fedora Extras but did not tell us about it, ...).

We probably need a small QA sig/group/task-force that pokes maintainers
and creates bugs for those things that need fixing... Anyone interested
to drive this forward?

Cu
thl