CVS Branching for FC/FE 5 this afternoon

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 07:32:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 13:31 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> I'm going to be doing the CVS branching for Fedora Core/Extras 5 this
> afternoon.  While running the script for Extras, I will be locking
> access to CVS and the build system will be down.  Also, I'll turn off
> syncmail to avoid spamming everyone with 1000 branch commits :)  I
> expect to be starting this process at about 3 pm Eastern (2000 UTC) and
> it shouldn't take more than an hour.

Sorry about that -- it took longer than expected and then I had to leave
for an emergency and have just gotten back online.  CVS should be
available again and there are now branches for FE-5.

On the buildsystem side of things, things look like everything is
working although a few little tweaks will be needed as FC5 and FE5 trees
become available.

My apologies on the extended downtime, but sometimes real life happens
and this was one of those times.  Thanks for your understanding

Jeremy