Fedora Extras 5 Package Build Report

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Tue Mar 21 22:43:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> But maybe he wrote
> one and it got lost or sorted out by a spam filter. There are plenty of
> good and bad reasons why a mail might get lost or forgotten...

Can we not just say that when core takes a package from the Extras they
file a Bugzilla ticket and ask the Extras package to self-terminate?
Since this is how we keep track of stuff in other cases it should be
fine.

There is one implicit thing here: is it policy that when a package is
moved from Extras to Core someone at RedHat takes over maintainance? It
seems so but would be nice to have in cleartext somewhere @ Fedora wiki.

Linus