Rebuild status of FE5 (Was: Re: Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 1 06:25:13 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 28.02.2006, 21:29 +0100 schrieb Michael Schwendt:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:34:17 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>
> > How do I get the currently depedancy broken istanbul package out of
> > the binary devel tree?
> Via remove request on FC5Status page in the Wiki.

Well, Jef put it there now for removal. But won't that break updates?
People that have istanbul installed on FC4 will get a new gst when
updating to FC5, but no new istanbul. The old won't work anymore due to
the missing gst08. Breaks yum updates from FC4 -> FC5, too.

And istanbul is not the only package that depends on gst08 afaik. We
really need to get gst08 into the repo soon somehow (e.g. before FC5).
Maybe we should make the exception "it was in core before so it is fine
for Extras" once again to solve this dilemma in time.

Opinions?

CU
thl