Hung builds ?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Mar 1 14:34:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 21:34 -0800, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 17:35 -0800, Denis Leroy wrote:
> >
> >>Looks like the build system needs kicking :-(
> >

> > Hmm? seems like its still processing jobs correctly...  Which particular
> > job is hung for you?
>
> Looks like things were hung for about 2 hours, but that was about 5
> hours ago, and things resumed after that. No worries.

Well, there was a confluence of issues:

1) ppc1 ran out of disk space
2) Core repodata was inconsistent, failing a couple jobs

I took ppc1 down yesterday for about 20 minutes to clean it up, and when
it got back into the mix it took quite a while to catch up with the
unfinished ppc jobs.  That accounts for most of the delay.  I didn't
notice anything in the server or builder logs that indicate that the
buildsys hung, it just slowed down for a while while ppc1 was having
issues.

Dan