Odd mock build problem

Oliver Andrich oliver.andrich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 19:32:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:09:36PM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> No, the point is that you're attempting to use ruby in the specfile
> before you even know ruby is installed!  You have to start with the
> assumption that only a few packages (ie, glibc, coreutils, etc) will be
> installed, and you _cannot_ depend on packages other than this set this
> early in the specfile.
>
> When mock attempts to determine the packages that the SRPM (which you're
> trying to build) requires in addition to the buildroot, it must evaluate
> the specfile.  But at this point, you have no buildroot.  Therefore, you
> cannot do any magic here, because there is no ruby.  Obviously it works
> on your box, because you already have ruby installed.  The buildsystem
> doesn't.
>
> Ruby almost 100% isn't going to get into the buildgroups file, which
> composes the initial buildroot, because its certainly not a core package
> of the minimal package set.

Okay, so what I understand I have to do several things. I have to strip
my packages of the macros I have written, cause I can't assume that they
evaluate correctly.

Secondly, I have to ask Ville to remove the template file again from
fedora-rpmdevtools, cause without these macros and the stuff which is
based on these macros, the template is completely useless.

Is this correct?

Well, as stated in my mail in reply to Seth, I am a junior packager
which is learning. Lesson learned. I will go and learn a little more
about mock before I continue my ruby-gnome2 project.

Regards,
Oliver
--
Oliver Andrich --- oliver.andrich at gmail.com --- http://roughbook.de/