Odd mock build problem

Oliver Andrich oliver.andrich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 20:01:41 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:49:14PM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Not-so-smart folks like me might assume that the fact that we put in
> "BuildRequires: ruby" would pretty much ensure that Ruby is there
> before the build starts.

I second this and myself to the group of no-so-smart people. But I even
went further and assumed that I have access to everything available from
FC.

> Anyway, folks who know really need to come up with a proper way to do
> this.  Either that or we just let Ruby packages do whatever they feel
> like, which is essentially how it works now.  I'm no Ruby expert; I
> just happened to attempt to review a package and stumbled over this
> mess.  Python and Perl get away with what they do because they are in
> buildgroups, even though Python isn't part of the minimum build
> environment (which I admit to not understanding at all).  Ruby wants
> to do the same basic thing (add a requirement of a particular Ruby ABI
> version) but can't.

This ruby ABI thing was suggested when I got my ruby-mysql package
reviewed. Well, may be I shall try to contact the ruby maintainer from
FC?

Best regards,
Oliver

--