Documentation request

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 2 06:40:46 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>Am Donnerstag, den 02.03.2006, 11:48 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
>

>>Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>>>Wouldn't
>>>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packages/<foo>
>>>or
>>>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Packages/<foo>
>>>(I would prefer the former)
>>>be a better place? Just my 2 cent.
>>>

>>I dont think so. It just makes access harder
>>

>Just a little bit harder. I don't think this is a problem. Especially
>for Extras contributors that are the target for this.

The documentation is targeted at end users. Not just Extras contributors.

>Well, the reason why I prefer
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packages/
>or something similar is this: I can mass-subscribe in the wiki to
>Packages/.* or Extras/.* and get a copy of everything that happens in
>that area. I can't subscribe to categories afaik  :-|

Help on using regex with categories is available at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpOnCategories

>And we have separate namespaces in the wiki already for Docs/, Extras/,
>Packaging/, Ambassadors/, Infrastructure/, Legacy/, Marketing/ and Core/
>(some of them don't use them yet completely, but most are). Why break
>this nice organization?

While project documentation is under these pages, we havent been using
docs which are multi level deep when we are targeting end users. Extras
has innumerous sub pages and related documentation in the wiki which
arent listed in the main Extras pages and I want to see that kind of
things fixed soon. Categories help in organizing the pages while keeping
information easily accessible in the same level. Just remember to use
them for new pages being created and we can use it to keep track and
organize it properly. After we deploy a CMS system in fedoraproject.org
we can rethink this a bit.

--
Rahul