Documentation request

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Mar 2 07:00:52 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 02.03.2006, 12:10 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >>I dont think so. It just makes access harder
> >Just a little bit harder. I don't think this is a problem. Especially
> >for Extras contributors that are the target for this.
> The documentation is targeted at end users. Not just Extras contributors.

Ordinary end user are used to
www.foo.com/uses/also/directorys/to/separate/things.html
What's harder for them?

No, please don't reply. Rahul, it seems we have different opinion here,
and discussing them out in a long E-Mail thread probably leads to
nothing but burning time.

> >Well, the reason why I prefer
> >http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packages/
> >or something similar is this: I can mass-subscribe in the wiki to
> >Packages/.* or Extras/.* and get a copy of everything that happens in
> >that area. I can't subscribe to categories afaik  :-|
> Help on using regex with categories is available at
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpOnCategories

Great, thx.

> >And we have separate namespaces in the wiki already for Docs/, Extras/,
> >Packaging/, Ambassadors/, Infrastructure/, Legacy/, Marketing/ and Core/
> >(some of them don't use them yet completely, but most are). Why break
> >this nice organization?
> While project documentation is under these pages, we havent been using
> docs which are multi level deep when we are targeting end users. Extras
> has innumerous sub pages and related documentation in the wiki which
> arent listed in the main Extras pages and I want to see that kind of
> things fixed soon.

Me, too. Somebody just needs to find time. And I have several more
important things on my todo list atm. Sorry. And volunteers? We're also
still searching for someone that can help/write the Extras weekly
reports.

>  Categories help in organizing the pages while keeping
> information easily accessible in the same level.

Directories, too. ;-)

>  Just remember to use
> them for new pages being created and we can use it to keep track and
> organize it properly. After we deploy a CMS system in fedoraproject.org
> we can rethink this a bit.

Yeah, sounds like a plan.