Documentation request

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 2 08:45:23 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>Rahul, we disagree a bit today :-)
>

>> Same for the Extras sub pages and other related pages to the
>>Extras project.
>>

>No. The Front page should only list to the important pages IMHO (and
>those to the other pages). It shouldn't link to all 102 pages that are
>currently below Extras/

We arent disagreeing here.  I just need a path from the frontpage to all
the 102 pages. I wouldnt mind if you organize them two or three levels
deep if thats required.

>> Everything needs to be linked and easily accessible from
>>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras. If not please fix it.
>>

>No. Packaging *should* be a independent task, e.g. for Core and Extras.

Right but it is relevant to Extras and I believe everybody involved with
the Extras project would want to learn more about packaging. Linking
only specifies relevancy and not dependence.

>So linking everything from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras is wrong
>IMHO. Linking the important pages there is fine.

As long as there is a path from Extras to packaging then I am fine with
it. I believe that packaging is important enough to be linked from the
main page of Extras but I will let the project people decide that.

--
Rahul