Documentation request

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Fri Mar 3 15:59:06 UTC 2006

Hi Rahul,

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> Am Donnerstag, den 02.03.2006, 05:12 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
>>

>>> You can document <foo> in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/<foo>. [...]
>>>

>> Wouldn't
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packages/<foo>
>> or
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Packages/<foo>
>> (I would prefer the former)
>>
>> be a better place? Just my 2 cent.
>>

> I dont think so. It just makes access harder for those who are new to
> the wiki. Just create a new category "CategoryPackages" and make every
> such page at the root level in this category for keeping track of them.

I saw that you made changes to the xpilot and scorched3d links on the
/Games page to place packages at the top of the wiki tree (wiki/xpilot).
 Is there any specific reason that you didn't want to do this for the
other links on the page?  I'll do it myself if this is the preferred
structure (which it sounds like it is).

Also, I notice that the Category drop down menu on the wiki edit page
doesn't contain the CategoryPackages entry.  What's the difference
between using the dropdown menu to select the page category and adding
wiki links at the bottom of the page (as is done now)?

--Mike