Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras development - 2006-03-04

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Mar 4 00:15:10 UTC 2006

> 	 cernlib    2005-7.fc5.x86_64
> 	 cernlib-packlib    2005-7.fc5.x86_64
> 	 paw    2005-7.fc5.x86_64

These are old cernlib version, and are linked against previous openmotif.
I can't rebuild a more recent cernlib, due to g77 dying on x86_64 (bus
error). I reported the g77 issue, but it is in a compat package, so won't
be fixed. gfortran is missing some intrinsics, so we must stay with g77.
It is very possible that the g77 issue could be solved by changing the
build flags. But I don't have any x86_64 box to test. So if somebody
is interested in the cernlib on x86_64, please say it so we can fix that
issue.

For an example of how flags are changed for the programs, somebody
interested could have a look at
102-dont-optimize-some-code.dpatch

--
Pat