Limewire

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 15:43:06 UTC 2006

On 3/4/06, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Given we already have MLDonkey in extras, would there be a problem
> including Limewire or would that be sailing a bit too close to the edge
> legally?

Limewire could potentially be seen as closer to the edge, since it is
totally distributed and so everyone is part of the entire network. On
the other hand, it does put up the appearances of warning you when
you're downloading something that's "unlicensed" - not sure how the
issuance of licenses is actually done.

But the legality argument is moot for the moment. Does Limewire even
run on the Fedora Java stack without using Sun's JRE?

--
Michel Salim
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~msalim