Python packaging question

Zoltan Kota s.mako at gmx.net
Mon Mar 6 08:52:13 UTC 2006

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Ryan Skadberg wrote:

> came out today).  The problem I have is that when checking for
> dependencies, it does an import gtk.  Well, import gtk for some reason
> actually tries to open the X Display.  As RPM unsets DISPLAY, it gets
> an error.  Now, as a workaround, I have set my display and it works,
> but I am guessing this will fail when there isn't actually an X
> display, so this doesn't really work outside of a quick compile while
> in X.  Anyone else seen this issue and if so, how did they work around
> it?

Although the install system is a bit different, but pybliographer also
checks python, gtk, pygtk during build/install.
You can check the file 'setup-check.py' in pybliographer 1.2 source:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/pybliographer/setup-check.py?rev=1.1.2.11&only_with_tag=v_1_0_x&view=markup
or
http://arch.pybliographer.org/archzoom.cgi/gobry@pybliographer.org--public/pybliographer--stable--1.2--patch-234/setup-check.py

Zoltan