non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Mar 7 23:16:21 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 22:09 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> ville.skytta at iki.fi (Ville Skyttä) writes:
>
> >> 3. Would it be really a problem to maintain another spec-file?
> >
> > Do I really have to answer that question?
>
> I think, it is wasted time to try to write spec-files which are running on
> all and every distribution.

Agreed, but I don't remember anyone mentioning trying that in this
thread.  The problems caused by dependencies on fedora-usermgmt occur
way before the "all and every" phase.

> | %pre
> | if test -x /usr/sbin/fedora-useradd; then
> |    /usr/sbin/fedora-useradd ...
> | else
> |    /usr/sbin/useradd ...
> | fi
>
> with current fedora-usermgmt.

Yes?  That's the functionality I suggested, just expressed with a
different shell syntax.  Combine something like the above and again,
_no_ dependencies on fedora-usermgmt in packages and I'm satisfied.

> This explicit activation can happen in the %pre script of kickstart.

Surely the whole usermgmt package or necessary bits of its payload could
be installed there too.