Package with no obvious upstream: fsplit

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Mar 7 23:17:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 16:06 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I'm thinking about packaging fsplit, a fortran source code splitter.  As
> near as I can tell, the most authoritative source for this is from the
> various BSD projects, e.g.:
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/fsplit/
>
> So, can I check it out of cvs and make a tarball and submit?
>
> Also, what do I use for a version?  There is an RCS id of 1.5.  Some
> mandrake and FC rpms exist is the wild that used an older sccsid of 5.5,
> this file has 8.1, but does not appear to be incremented any more.

Hi Orion,

Please feel free to version it in whatever way makes the most sense to
you.  Its a really ancient tool (no active development in more than a
decade, right?) so I doubt anyone will care about the "upstream" version
number.  At least, thats my vote.  ;-)

Ed

ps - I have a very simple SRPM for it because one of my co-workers
     wanted it some time ago.  Its not really a popular item!  :-)

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com