non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Mar 7 23:24:33 UTC 2006

mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org (Mike McGrath) writes:

>>I think, it is wasted time to try to write spec-files which are
>>running on all and every distribution. Finally you will end in a
>>bunch of conditional macros and with such macros, you can choose
>>between fedora-usermgmt and plain useradd.
>
> Its nearly impossible to write a spec file that will work on all
> distros, but one can come very close.  I write my spec files with
> the assumption that other people (non fedora-users) can use my
> package. It's good practice.  Sometimes there will be conflicts,
> but I try to make sure those conflicts are created by another
> distro, not by my spec file.

How do you solve the problem of needed libraries which are available in
Fedora Extras but not in other distributions?

Perhaps we can solve the

| BuildRequires: fedora-usermgmt-devel

in http://ensc.de/fedora/macros.fedora-usermgmt in a similar way. (I do
not insist on this name, I can name the subpackage 'suse-usermgmt-devel'
too ;))

Enrico