non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Mar 8 09:09:57 UTC 2006

ville.skytta at iki.fi (Ville Skyttä) writes:

>> Sorry, that's a point where I insist on: when a Fedora Extras package
>> uses fedora-usermgmt, then it MUST have the corresponding 'Requires(...):
>> fedora-usermgmt'.
>
> So what is the point of the "if" condition you suggested above then?

Yes, you are right. It would be wrong to do the decision whether to call
'fedora-usermgmt' or plain 'useradd' at installation-time.

The decision whether to use 'Requires: fedora-usermgmt' or not, happens
at rpmbuild-time. At this time, the %scriptlets should be filled with
either 'fedora-useradd' or 'useradd'.

Enrico