non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Thu Mar 9 10:45:14 UTC 2006

enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de said:
> > I could live with it.

> This was too early: changes above will not work; when the package,
> shadow-utils and fedora-usermgmt are in the same transaction, fedora-usermgmt
> can be installed *after* the package which would be wrong.

Actually, my thinking was that fedora-usermgmt should not depend on the
useradd from shadow-utils but completely replace it.  Of course, it means you
have to repackage the original useradd in fedora-usermgmt...

Then you have something like:

* 'fedora-usermgmt' gets the following headers:
  |+ Provides: shadow-utils

* every package which creates users will contain something like