non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Mar 9 20:27:37 UTC 2006

ville.skytta at iki.fi (Ville Skyttä) writes:

>> When I dictate somebody, then the packager. For the admin,
>> fedora-usermgmt is completely transparent and he will not notice
>> fedora-usermgmt's existence (except from the package list).
>
> As said earlier in this thread, the "except" part is bad enough for
> some of us.

The only argument against fedora-usermgmt in this thread was "my spec
file does not build for other distributions without modifications". But
sorry, this argument is void because this is a Fedora Extras list, not a
cross-distribution one.

> FWIW, the only way I can personally see that happen is by you stopping
> to insist on minor details and accepting some of the compromises

Which compromises? Violating basic packaging rules (omitting Requires: for
tools used in %scriptlets) and cluttering the spec file with errorprone
scriptlets?

I am still thinking about the "package-a-modified-shadow-utils"
suggestion...

Enrico