wxGTK 2.6 for FE3/4?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Mar 11 10:20:54 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a wxGTK26-2.6.2 based on the wxGTK package in extras/devel. I
would like to submit it for FE3/4. I think that, in order to have a smooth
upgrade path, wxGTK in devel should Obsolete/Conflicts wxGTK26. If
the package is accepted, would it be done? Are there any other comments on
my attempt? Especially from those who package wxGTK...

Basically, the only changes I did were to rename wx-config to wx-config-2.6,
remove /usr/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4, comment out all the Obsolete/Conflict,
change BuildRequires to fit with monolithic xorg and remove changelog
entries (I would have prefered not to, however...).

I don't have a specific interest in maintain that package, if somebody else
wants to, you're welcome. But I need it for xchm, so I'll maintain it if
needed (and accepted in FE...).

If somebody wants to submit it instead of me, here is the srpm:
http://www.environnement.ens.fr/perso/dumas/fc-srpms/wxGTK26-2.6.2-1.src.rpm

--
Pat