Comps, or, Making it Easier for Users to Find Software

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Sat Mar 11 17:13:23 UTC 2006

Paul W. Frields (stickster at gmail.com) said:
> I think a Documentation group would be a big help for FDP as we prepare
> to submit some of our build tools and actual documents to Extras for
> review and inclusion.  Thanks for the opportunity!

There's an already existing 'Authoring and Publishing' group that might
be useful for the build tools; the description is:
"These tools allow you to create documentation in the DocBook format
and convert them to HTML, PDF, Postscript, and text."

Documentation itself could very well be in a separate group. I suppose
the question is where does documentation go? Top level? Base System?

Note that new top-level groups won't have icons for any new groups under
them without changes to the comps-extras package in Core.

Bill