Mono packages

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Mar 12 01:16:18 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Which bugs?  I tried getting fixes in as much as possible with mono the
> last few weeks, but we're in freeze now, so fixes are harder to get in.

I reported them into both the FC and Mono BZ's. The FC response was that
basically FC were packagers. The bugs included event handling,
(TextBox)foo->Clear() not working a quite a few other SWF bugs.

>   If I know which bugs, I can attempt to get them in, or in an FC5Update
> at the least.

Grab, compile and run the following source and you'll see what I mean

http://www.smmp.salford.ac.uk/csharp/list7.cs

(for the server drop down, click on other. You can type letters when you
shouldn't, type in a value > 255 and the box clears, but you can't enter
anything into it - I have a couple of others, including quite a nice GDI
bug waiting to be fixed)

As I said a few days back, it may be worthwhile doing a daily build from
the daily generated tarballs as you can count on an SVN update almost
every 30 - 60 minutes, which makes it probably one of the most developed
bits of open source code!

If you move to a daily build, I'll jump straight back to the rpms as it
helps the FC chaps and community more than if I just use the source from
svn.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Träum's nicht, Lebe schon" - Dr. Frankenfurter, Rocky Horror Show