Mono packages

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Sun Mar 12 01:35:29 UTC 2006

On 03/11/2006 08:16 PM, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Which bugs?  I tried getting fixes in as much as possible with mono the
>> last few weeks, but we're in freeze now, so fixes are harder to get in.
>
> I reported them into both the FC and Mono BZ's. The FC response was that
> basically FC were packagers. The bugs included event handling,
> (TextBox)foo->Clear() not working a quite a few other SWF bugs.

I'm not the person who owns the Core mono packages, but I've been doing
a bunch of mono work for various reasons, partly because it's been
busted for my Extras packages (banshee), and on several platforms I care
about.  I probably haven't seen the bugs since I don't get mail when
people file bugs there (I wonder how to set that up).  Actual references
would be nice.

> As I said a few days back, it may be worthwhile doing a daily build from
> the daily generated tarballs as you can count on an SVN update almost
> every 30 - 60 minutes, which makes it probably one of the most developed
> bits of open source code!
>
> If you move to a daily build, I'll jump straight back to the rpms as it
> helps the FC chaps and community more than if I just use the source from
> svn.

Not going to happen until after FC5 is finally done, and rawhide is
pulling from the FC6 tree.