Fedora Extras 5 Package Build Report

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 21 20:05:47 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 21.03.2006, 14:34 -0500 schrieb seth vidal:
> On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 20:30 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > > is it possible someone put it in core for fc5 and didn't check if it was
> > > already in extras?
> > No, it an older version of the extras package that was moved to Core ;-)
> > http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/liboil/liboil.spec?rev=1.5&view=markup
> which means that the core maintainer is at a fault for not notifying the
> extras maintainer it was moved.
>
> looks like the culprit is Warren.

Stop. Yeah, maybe Warren forgot to send a mail it. But maybe he wrote
one and it got lost or sorted out by a spam filter. There are plenty of
good and bad reasons why a mail might get lost or forgotten...

I don't really want to know who was the culprit. I really don't care. It
will happen again if we don't have a proper solution that prevents it.
The easiest one: If a package is move into Core and a Extras packager
notices it he should disable building of that package in Extras CVS,
even if it's not his package.

The second solution involves a bit more work: run a script that checks
for such stuff. Christian?

CU
thl

Cu