non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Fri Mar 24 21:27:44 UTC 2006

bugs.michael at gmx.net said:
> A package in your installation source which satisfies the requirement
> "Requires: setup (fedora-usermgmt)" of the fedora-usermgmt tools package, can
> override the default fedora-usermgmt-setup placeholder package to install a
> customised configuration before any scriptlet runs fedora-useradd.

Ok.  So I need to setup my own repo, create one customized package in there,
and then install (and hope I get it right...).  And Michael says it's easier
and less tiresome than setting up a minimal system, configuring fedora-usermgmt,
and then install the rest...

I have a hard time believing a home user will find it so much easier.
And when you need to install many machines, making a golden and cloning it is
easy enough too, there even are tools to do it (e.g., system imager).

Look, if you can convince FESCO to make fedora-useradd mandatory for FE
packages I'll follow the rule, but I'd much rather you spend your energy
getting the appropriate functionality upstream in shadow-utils...

Have a nice week-end.

Cheers,
					Christian