cvs host key changed?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Mar 27 03:37:09 UTC 2006

Did I miss something? I was in the midst of trying to update wxGTK, and
while "cvs update" and a few other commands ran fine, the cvs host appeared
to go down for a few minutes, and now I get the ssh man-in-the-middle
warning:

@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
dd:0d:f1:d6:e2:f6:39:cf:ca:6b:03:28:8d:84:3a:d5.
[...]

Is this intentional?