Need help with local devel repo optimization for mock...

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Mar 31 16:34:31 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 11:40 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> > You could try something like this.
> >
> > [core]
> > name=core
> > baseurl=file:///data/sw1/fedora/core/development/i386
> >
> > http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386
> > failovermethod=priority
> >
> > The failovermethod=priority make yum always try using the baseurls from
> > the top.
>
> That's what I thought of too, but won't this just cause
> newmirror.linux.duke.edu to be ignored completely if the local repo is
> available?

This will work if you update your local copy of the repo metadata daily.
If you didn't update the metadata then yes, the remote mirror would be
completely ignored.  If you update the metatdata, yum will not find the
new RPMs that are referenced in the new metadata in your local repo and
would then fail over to the remote repo.  RPMs that hadn't been updated
would be found in the local repo.

Jeff