FESCo Elections 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed May 3 05:09:09 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 02.05.2006, 20:52 -0500 schrieb Josh Boyer:
> On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 17:21 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
> > I put the rough plan into the wiki at:
> > http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Election
> >
> > Everyone that wants to be in the next FESCo needs to nominate
> > him/herself for it until May, 8 2006 0:00 UTC; that self-nomination
> > should contain some information's like "Mission Statement, Past work
> > summary and Future plans".
> Could you briefly explain what the difference between Mission Statement
> and Future plans is?  I seem to recall there being a difference, but my
> feeble mind has since forgotten.

Well, those were the terms thrown into the ring during the last FESCo
meeting. I can't really tell the difference myself. Maybe "Mission
Statement" ist more a "Why am I the right one for the job" and "Future
plans" is more a list of things you'll really plan to do during your
time in FESCo.

But I don't consider the difference important -- you don't have to use
exactly this scheme. It's more a hint how it could look like.

[...]
> > The actual election who will be part of the next FESCo is planed for the
> > second week of May -- all members of the cvsextras group can vote. How
> > this vote is actually done needs to be worked out before that timeframe.
> > Help appreciated. As solution with public gpg-signed mails looks as the
> > one that has the best chances currently.
>
> Who (if anyone) is working on this at the moment?

Nobody atm and afaics.

CU
thl