FESCo Nomination

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu May 4 17:25:57 UTC 2006

Well, let me throw my hat into the ring.

I'd like to nominate myself to retain the role that I have had on FESCo.
Here are the necessary sections from my wiki entry:

Mission Statement:

To continue to shape and evolve the packaging standards for Fedora, to
serve as a liaison between Red Hat and the open source community, and to
help resolve the inevitable issues that the growing Fedora Extras
ecosystem faces.

Past work summary:

I have been responsible for defining the packaging standards and
guidelines for Fedora Extras since the inception of "Fedora Extras".
I've been employed by Red Hat for more than 5 years, and I've been
active in open source and Linux for almost 10 years. I maintain a port
of Fedora Core to SPARC, called Aurora SPARC Linux, with two major
releases to date. At one point, I was responsible for more package
reviews that any other contributor, and I have sponsored more than 25
new packagers.

Future plans:
* Assist in the creation of a Fedora Packaging committee.
* Work towards enabling Fedora to truly grow beyond x86/x86_64, with a
multiple tiered architecture model
* Continue to grow and revise Fedora Packaging guidelines

Thank you,

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!

P.S. I also have an army of ninjas to help enforce my continued rule.