[Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Mon May 8 22:39:00 UTC 2006

notting at redhat.com said:
> Anthony Green (green at redhat.com) said:
> > One of the suggestions was to use the official project spelling of
> > "MusE" for the package name.  Do the Extras packaging guidelines allow
> > this (having both MusE and muse package)?

Let's please not go that route... even though I can't find anything in the
guidelines that mention this case (yet...)

> Some combination of CVS, bugzilla, and/or the buildsystem I suspect would
> break.

Yes, and for the end user it might get quite confusing...

> Frankly, I'd rename the emacs thing emacs-muse, but that's just me. :)

Not just you.  If RPM can handle this, maybe an emacs-muse package that
Provides muse for a short while...  I think spot wanted to explicitly mention
emacs/xemacs in the addon packages section.

Cheers,
					Christian