Desktop entries and terminal applications.

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed May 10 13:57:43 UTC 2006

DG> Should terminal applications install desktop entries?

It's certainly not required, but I don't see why it would be
prevented.

DG> If yes, should I run desktop-file-install with `--add-category
DG> X-Fedora` option?  It's not an X app [...]

As I understand things, the "X-" doesn't indicate an X application, it
indicates a nonstandard category in the same way that the standards
for email headers set aside the prefix "X-" to designate headers which
are not defined by the standard.

 - J<