Splitting content and engine for games where they come 1 one upstream tarbal

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu May 11 06:10:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 06:40 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 23:44 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>
> > I think that the advantages out way the disadvantages, what do you think?
>
> Another disadvantage is that after a couple of engine-only pushes, the
> SRPM from which the released game data package was built will no lnger
> be available on the mirrors.

Right, and for the devel repo, one push would be enough.  And anyway, it
would cause headaches for people who rebuild the packages for whatever
reason.

If you're worried about the SRPM sizes, you could ship a trimmed down
tarball in both, just include the info how to recreate them from the
upstream one.  "Ugly as hell" would be an overstatement about this.